Thanks for your interest in guest posting on Daily Cup of Yoga! I’m always interested in encouraging and inspiring my readers with well-written, unique guest posts from a variety of standpoints. If you have some amazing advice, wisdom, tips, or experience, we’d love to hear and share them.
BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR POST, PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication. I review all submissions. If I think your post will benefit Daily Cup of Yoga readers, there’s a good chance I’ll publish it. Preference will be given to those who demonstrate a genuine interest in Daily Cup of Yoga as a reader or follower.
- Content: In keeping with the spirit of Daily Cup of Yoga, guest posts should:
- Offer practical advice, tips, experiences, or ideas on yoga, meditation, fitness, healthy living, or health-based technology.
- Quality: Posts must be high-quality, original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online). Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Due to time constraints, submissions requiring excessive editing will not be accepted. Also, I will generally disregard submissions that appear to be strictly PR- or SEO-related.
- Word count: Please limit your post to 3000 words or less. I’m not generally worried about articles that are too long. On the other hand, articles that are too short may not have enough substance so use your best judgment in finding a happy balance.
- Formatting: Use of section headers, bullets, lists, and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier.
- Links: Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid. Links deemed to be irrelevant to the main idea of your post will be removed without notice. Likewise, any non-working links will be removed without notice. Please don’t use hyperlinks; instead put relevant links in brackets next to their desired location: e.g., You should follow us on Facebook. [http://facebook.com/dailycupofyoga]. Affiliate links within posts are not accepted.
- Photos: While a photo with each submission is not absolutely necessary, it is highly encouraged. The photo (or photos) should be high quality and either originals or ones to which you have sharing rights. If you share a photo from a photo-sharing site that allows common use (i.e., Flickr, Pixabay, etc.), please include a credit and bracketed link to the original photo.
- Bio: Include a short bio (100 words or less) at the end of your post. Feel free to include a link to your site and a bio photo if desired.
- Quotes: I generally like posts to include a quote at the top of the post.
- These guidelines are not intended to stifle your creativity, but to streamline Daily Cup of Yoga’s guest posting process. Submissions that closely adhere to these guidelines are much more likely to be published!
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Send your post in plain text, not HTML, in Microsoft Word to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the preferred title in the subject line. Please only send one submission per email.
- Please attach any photos you’d like to include with the post or include a link to where the photos are hosted.
I’VE SUBMITTED MY POST…NOW WHAT?
- If your guest post is accepted, it usually takes between two to four weeks for the post to be published. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later. I do my best to notify you if your guest post is not accepted for publication so that you can submit it to another blog.
- By submitting a guest post to Daily Cup of Yoga you acknowledge and accept the right of the Daily Cup of Yoga editorial team (i.e., me) to make any changes deemed necessary to prepare the post for publication.
- After submission I may also ask that you revise your post to make it stronger or clearer, and your proposed title may be changed before the post goes live.
- Due to the fluidity of blogging (and the fact that I have another full-time job), I generally cannot tell you the exact date your post will be published ahead of time. However, I do my best to notify you the day your post goes live.
MISCELLANEOUS PARTING SHOTS:
- By submitting a guest post please accept that Daily Cup of Yoga is now your wonderful post’s final home and that the content should not be republished anywhere else.
- If you wish to submit a query (i.e. an idea for a guest post as opposed to a guest post submission in full), I will review it and contact you if I’m interested in pursuing the next step. If you do not hear from me within two to four weeks after submitting your query, you may assume I do not think it is a good fit for my readers.
- Finally, please note that Daily Cup of Yoga does not offer monetary compensation for guest posts at this time. However, we do have hundreds of thousands of social media followers and happily share your awesome and inspiring ideas on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, etc.
- Thanks again for being part of the Daily Cup of Yoga community!
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU MADE IT TO THE END OF THE GUIDELINES! IF YOU’D LIKE TO SUBMIT A GUEST POST FOR REVIEW, PLEASE EMAIL IT TO SUBMIT@DAILYCUPOFYOGA.COM WITH “GUEST POST SUBMISSION” AND YOUR PREFERRED TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
If you have non-guest post-related queries, please visit our contact page.